889 million MAUs, millions of official accounts and hundreds of thousands of third-party developers. In the past 7 years, WeChat has established an extensive ecosystem centering this mega messenger application, and becomes a vital part of China’s mobile internet today.
To understand this multi-trillion business based on WeChat, you need to first understand how its users evolve along with the platform. This year, China Tech Insights, as the English unit of Penguin Intelligence, work together with China Academy of Information and Communications Technology to co-launch this consumer research report on WeChat to show you an overview of this mega app and the ecosystem around it.
Highlights of this report include
- Mobile payments have a high penetration rate in China
- Convenient stores have become WeChatPay’s primary offline transaction channel
- Mini Programs‘ penetration rate is around 20% with mostly low frequency users
- WeChat users have a sharp increase of the average number of contacts
- The biggest challenges agreed for all content providers on WeChat
This report was originally published by China Tech Insights and has been authorized for reprint on ChoZan.
— ChinaTechInsights (@CNTechInsights) April 24, 2017
To get deeper insights into Chinese social media marketing and utilizing it to serve your business, join ChoZan, a training and resources platform for Chinese social media marketers.
Please follow our official WeChat account to get more updates about the latest news, feature updates and case studies.
Share this article on your favourite social media