So, what’s up in China? 🇨🇳 Issue 45, covering 28 Sept – 5 October
- China’s preparing an antitrust investigation into Google.
- China’s railways saw 15.09 million passenger trips on 1 Oct. Railway passenger trips during this Golden Week is expected to reach 108 million.
- China now has 940 million internet users, fuelled by rural areas. 52.3 % of China’s rural residents are now online.
- By the end of H1 livestreaming ecommerce viewers in China have reached 309 million.
- Didi Chuxing issued a 100 million RMB driver subsidy to encourage more drivers to take orders during the national holidays.
- Sina announced that it would go private and delist its US shares.
- Tencent invests in China’s largest animal hospital chain.
- Chinese RMB has had its best quarter in 12 years.
- Meituan and JD lead Asian stock markets recovery. Meituan market capitalization rose to US$ 183 billion, JD’s to US$ 118 billion.
Like my weekly digests and want me to continue? 😉Let me know with a ‘YES’ below. 👇👇👇
Links to news in the first comment below.
✅ You can now follow #ashleytalks for more insights on China.
china #ecommerce #digitalmarketing #consumerbehaviour #marketingdigital #socialmediamarketing #marketing