So, what’s up in China? 🇨🇳 Issue 47, covering 12- 18 October.
- Last week 50,000 shoppers in Shenzhen tested digital RMB at 3,000 retail outlets.
- Ant Group’s mega-IPO (largest in history) faces the threat of US sanctions.
- Pinduoduo jointly launched its “Super Brand Day” with Xiaodu, Baidu’s AI speaker.
- Meituan’s just launched its first AI Smart Store, joining the new retail. Meituan has also rolled out new livestreaming tools for education businesses.
- China’s economy grew by 4.9 % in Q3 2020.
- WeChat begun testing livestreaming on its short video channels with a small group of content creators.
- Huya and Douyu, top two game-streaming platforms in China, are merging to create a new entity worth US$ 11 billion.
- Chinese watch short videos for 110 minutes per day.
- China passes a new biosecurity law to prevent infectious diseases. The law would establish systems for biosecurity risk prevention, early warning, investigation, assessment, and info sharing.
Like Ashley’s weekly digests and want her to continue? 😉 Let us know with a ‘YES’ below.
✅ You can now follow #ashleytalks for more insights on China.
#china #ecommerce #digitalmarketing #consumerbehaviour #marketingdigital