1. JD’s annual active buyers increased by 30% to 471.9 million in 2020. More than 80% of the new customers came from lower-tier cities. JD’s 2020 revenue US$ 114.3 billion. (Kr Asia)
2. China has debuted a “coronavirus vaccine passport” (Nikkei Asia)
3. China’s National Committee has proposed more effective supervision to stop companies overworking their employees. (China Daily)
4. China is preparing to overhaul its hukou (household registration system) to allow people from rural areas become permanent residents in the cities. (SCMP)
5. China may soon become the world’s first country to integrate artificial intelligence (AI) into a legal system. (Ink Stone)
6. By the end of 2020 in mainland, the total number of 5G users of top theee operators has exceeded 300 million. (Equal Ocean)
7. Final version of 14th Five-Year Plan is here. It mainly focuses on “balanced and sustainable development with the domestic market as the mainstay”. (CGTN)
8. The number of antitrust investigations completed in 2020 in China doubled vs 2019. (Kr Asia)
If you like these weekly digests — let us know below by giving this article a 5 star.
✅ You can now follow #ashleytalks on LinkedIn for daily insights on China.
#china #ecommerce #digitalmarketing #consumerbehaviour #marketingdigital #socialmediamarketing #marketing #socialmedia#contentmarketing
Check out our range of FREE resources of blogs, mini books and reports to see our latest insights on Chinese consumers and marketing in China. Contact us if you would like to get in touch to discuss your China strategy.