1. Chinese regulators issued a $2.8 billion fine against Alibaba for violating anti-monopoly laws. (Pandaily)
2. Domestic tourism returns to 94.5% of the pre-pandemic level during Qingming Festival. Residents made 102 million trips within China during the 3-day holiday, bringing in 27.17 billion RMB ($4.15 billion) revenue. (Dao Insights)
3. Auto sales in China recovered to pre-pandemic levels in the first 3 months of 2021. (The Wall Street Journal)
4. Alibaba will introduce measures to lower entry barriers and business costs faced by merchants on their e-commerce platforms. (Nikkei Asia)
5. Ant Group announced its plans to achieve carbon neutrality by 2030. (SCMP)
6. China’s financial regulators announced a set of new policies, including increased RMB convertibility and market access for foreign investors, for Hainan. (Reuters)
7. International Monetary Fund projects China’s economy will grow by 8.4% in 2021. (CGTN)
8. One of the leading Chinese online discount retailer VIPshop is accused of selling fake Gucci Belts. (Pandaily)
If you like these weekly digests — let us know below by giving this article a 5 star.
✅ You can now follow #ashleytalks on LinkedIn for daily insights on China.
#china #ecommerce #digitalmarketing #consumerbehaviour #marketingdigital #socialmediamarketing #marketing #socialmedia#contentmarketing
Check out our range of FREE resources of blogs, mini books and reports to see our latest insights on Chinese consumers and marketing in China. Contact us if you would like to get in touch to discuss your China strategy.