1. WeChat has created 36.84 million jobs in 2020 within the ecosystem that developed around it. (Kr Asia)
2. New regulations of livestream e-commerce were released last week from 7 government agencies. Platforms should establish risk management systems to guard against suspicious or illegal marketing tactics. (Technode)
3. Tencent announces 50 billion RMB investment in sustainable innovation. (Pandaily)
4. Alibaba has launched a mini program for its community group buying platform on WeChat. (Technode)
5. Kuaishou launched a 2021 Super Partner Program to support allied firms and merchants. (Pandaily)
6. LVMH plans to build US$154 million beauty e-commerce hub in Shanghai. (Global Times)
7. China starts large-scale testing of its internet of the future. Experimental network connects 40 leading universities to prepare for an AI-driven society 5-10 years down the track. (SCMP)
8. A total of 250 million trips are expected to be made across China between 30 April and 5 May. (SCMP)
If you like these weekly digests — let us know below by giving this article a 5 star.
✅ You can now follow #ashleytalks on LinkedIn for daily insights on China.
#china #ecommerce #digitalmarketing #consumerbehaviour #marketingdigital #socialmediamarketing #marketing #socialmedia#contentmarketing
Check out our range of FREE resources of blogs, mini books and reports to see our latest insights on Chinese consumers and marketing in China. Contact us if you would like to get in touch to discuss your China strategy.