1. Taobao Live reforms its influencer charging system, before starting a collaboration, livestreamers and merchants need to agree on sales volume. If the sales volume in the first 15 days does not reach 20% of the total, the upfront cost will be returned to the merchant. (Pandaily)
2. Pinduoduo’s number of active merchants surge 69% to 8.6 million.. (Pandaily)
3. China’s likely to report first population decline in 5 decades. The latest Chinese census was completed in December is yet to be made public. (Nikkei Asia)
4. China’s regulators have started an investigation into Meituan. (Technode)
5. Chinese regulator may fine Tencent over US$ 1.5 billion for antitrust violations. (Tech in Asia)
6. JD has started paying some staff salaries in digital yuan. (Techcrunch)
7. China’s top regulators published draft guidelines dictating how apps must protect the privacy and personal information of users. (Reuters)
8. China makes ‘world’s largest satellite image database’ to train AI better. (SCMP)
If you like these weekly digests — let us know below by giving this article a 5 star.
✅ You can now follow #ashleytalks on LinkedIn for daily insights on China.
#china #ecommerce #digitalmarketing #consumerbehaviour #marketingdigital #socialmediamarketing #marketing #socialmedia#contentmarketing
Check out our range of FREE resources of blogs, mini books and reports to see our latest insights on Chinese consumers and marketing in China. Contact us if you would like to get in touch to discuss your China strategy.