1. China’s top market regulator bans merger of Tencent’s video game streamers Huya and DouYu. (Pan Daily)
2. Tencent launches facial recognition function to regulate minors’ time spent gaming. (Kr Asia)
3. ByteDance announced last Friday that it will cancel weekend work days. 🤔✌️ (Technode)
4. China proposed new rules that would require nearly all companies seeking to list in foreign countries to undergo a cybersecurity review. (Bloomberg)
5. Didi Global is being sued by US shareholders after a crackdown by Beijing triggered a slump in its share price. (BBC)
6. Food delivery giant Meituan unveils drones for delivery service. 🚀 (Pan Daily)
7. China’s domestic express delivery services have handled 50 billion parcels just in 6 months of this year. (China Daily)
8. China’s central bank has announced it will cut the reserve requirement ratio (RRR) for major commercial banks by 0.5 percentage points, releasing 1 trillion yuan (US$154 billion) worth of liquidity into the interbank system. (SCMP)
If you like these weekly digests — let us know below by giving this article a 5 star.
✅ You can now follow #ashleytalks on LinkedIn for daily insights on China.
#china #ecommerce #digitalmarketing #consumerbehaviour #marketingdigital #socialmediamarketing #marketing #socialmedia#contentmarketing
Check out our range of FREE resources of blogs, mini books and reports to see our latest insights on Chinese consumers and marketing in China. Contact us if you would like to get in touch to discuss your China strategy.