1. Didi has been removed from app stores and has stopped registering new users. China’s regulator ordered the company to revise their personal data collection, storage and usage policies. ✌️(Pan Daily)
2. Alibaba will consolidate local lifestyle services in a single business group, consisting of mapping service AutoNavi, food delivery platform Eleme, and travel booking app Fliggy. (Kr Asia)
3. Beijing subways now take digital RMB. 💰 (China Daily)
4. Life expectancy of Chinese citizens rises to 77.3 years. (China Daily)
5. China’s market regulator issued draft rules on Friday to punish illegal pricing activities, including heavy subsidies and the practice by online platforms of charging different prices based on customers’ purchasing behaviour. (Reuters)
6. Zhejiang province, home to Alibaba, is planning to become a global digital trade hub. By 2025, the province expects value added from the digital economy to account for 60% of its GDP. 🚀 (SCMP)
If you like these weekly digests — let us know below by giving this article a 5 star.
✅ You can now follow #ashleytalks on LinkedIn for daily insights on China.
#china #ecommerce #digitalmarketing #consumerbehaviour #marketingdigital #socialmediamarketing #marketing #socialmedia#contentmarketing
Check out our range of FREE resources of blogs, mini books and reports to see our latest insights on Chinese consumers and marketing in China. Contact us if you would like to get in touch to discuss your China strategy.