1. JD reported total transaction volume of over RMB 343.8 billion yuan during the 18-day long 618 (June 1-18). (JD Corporate)
2. WeChat is expanding its e-commerce reach with mini program integration on JD and RED. (China Internet Watch)
3. China’s Education Ministry sets up a new department to supervise after-school tutoring, intensifying efforts to regulate booming private education sector. 👩🎓 (Pandaily)
4. Alipay launches cross-border payment service for global consumers. (Dao Insights)
5. Chinese ride-hailing giant Didi files for US IPO. The company’s listing could be one of the biggest IPO this year. ✌️ (Technode)
6. China has given its approval to Ant Group to operate a consumer finance company. (CNBC)
7. Total passenger trips made during China’s Dragon Boat Festival holiday reached 124 million. Down almost 20% verses 2019. 😬 (China Daily)
8. Beijing has fully vaccinated more than 80% of its adult residents. (Bloomberg)
9. Australia took wine dispute with China to World Trade Organization. 🍷 (SCMP)
If you like these weekly digests — let us know below by giving this article a 5 star.
✅ You can now follow #ashleytalks on LinkedIn for daily insights on China.
#china #ecommerce #digitalmarketing #consumerbehaviour #marketingdigital #socialmediamarketing #marketing #socialmedia#contentmarketing
Check out our range of FREE resources of blogs, mini books and reports to see our latest insights on Chinese consumers and marketing in China. Contact us if you would like to get in touch to discuss your China strategy.