1. China aims to become a global leader in blockchain by 2025. (Bloomberg)
2. 60% of European companies plan to expand operations in China in 2021. (Technode)
3. China will test income redistribution reforms in Zhejiang, which will become a pilot zone for policies to promote “common prosperity” aiming to reducing the gap between residents’ living standards by 2035. (Pandaily)
4. China’s passed a comprehensive data security law that stipulates how data is used, collected, protected, and developed in China. It will affect tech, telecom, transportation, finance, health, and education sectors. (Pandaily)
5. Alibaba Cloud unveiled a new service to help global online merchants set up their livestreaming platforms. (Technode)
6. Cainiao entered a strategic partnership with China’s Hainan government to develop the island-province’s global smart supply chain zone. (Tech in Asia)
7. Alibaba will develop driverless trucks with its logistics unit Cainiao. (Dao Insights)
8. China’s first virtual student developed by Tsinghua University has made her debut online. (SCMP)
9. China plans to launch a Mars sample-return mission around 2030. (CGTN)
If you like these weekly digests — let us know below by giving this article a 5 star.
✅ You can now follow #ashleytalks on LinkedIn for daily insights on China.
#china #ecommerce #digitalmarketing #consumerbehaviour #marketingdigital #socialmediamarketing #marketing #socialmedia#contentmarketing
Check out our range of FREE resources of blogs, mini books and reports to see our latest insights on Chinese consumers and marketing in China. Contact us if you would like to get in touch to discuss your China strategy.