1. 755 brands debuted on Tmall’s 618 festival with 1 million RMB turnover on day one last week. (Dao Insights)
2. China permits all married couples to have up to 3 children. (Nikkei Asia)
3. China issues regulations for sharing economy companies, stating they must price their services properly. (Pan Daily)
4. Joe Biden has signed an order amending a ban on US investments in 59 Chinese companies. (Bloomberg)
5. Huawei to roll out self-developed Harmony OS for smartphones next month, ending its reliance on Google’s Android. (SCMP)
6. The number of online short video users in China reached 873 million in 2020. (China Daily)
7. Some 100 million trips will be made by Chinese tourists within the upcoming Dragon Boat Festival holiday. (China Daily)
8. China aims to make climate and carbon emission information disclosure mandatory for companies in the future. (Bloomberg)
9. Weibo has banned several influential cryptocurrency accounts following Beijing’s pledge to ramp up a crackdown on bitcoin mining and trading. (SCMP)
If you like these weekly digests — let us know below by giving this article a 5 star.
✅ You can now follow #ashleytalks on LinkedIn for daily insights on China.
#china #ecommerce #digitalmarketing #consumerbehaviour #marketingdigital #socialmediamarketing #marketing #socialmedia#contentmarketing
Check out our range of FREE resources of blogs, mini books and reports to see our latest insights on Chinese consumers and marketing in China. Contact us if you would like to get in touch to discuss your China strategy.