1. Tmall kicked off 618 Shopping Festival on 24 May. This year discounts will start on 1 June. (China Internet Watch)
2. Pinduoduo highlights for Q1 2021. Average monthly active users 724.6 million, an increase of 49% YoY. 📱Pinduoduo’s total revenues in Q1 were RMB22,167 million (US$13,383 million), an increase of 239% YoY. (China Internet Watch)
3. Kuaishou highlights for Q1 2021. Daily active users reached 295 million. Revenue for the first quarter was estimated in US$ 2.6 billion. (Kr Asia)
4. Pinduoduo is in the process of developing new logistics system after generating 33% of all parcels in China. 📦😱 (Kr Asia)
5. Value of top 10 Chinese tech giants fell over $800 billion (30%) since February. (Nikkei Asia)
6. China’s industrial profits surge 106% YoY in first 4 months of 2021. 💪 (CGTN)
7. Food delivery platform Eleme launches 1-hour fast-track channel allowing merchants to join the platform in just 1 hour. (Dao Insights)
8. China has set the goal of becoming a museum powerhouse by 2035 by establishing world-class museums with Chinese characteristics. (CGTN)
If you like these weekly digests — let us know below by giving this article a 5 star.
✅ You can now follow #ashleytalks on LinkedIn for daily insights on China.
#china #ecommerce #digitalmarketing #consumerbehaviour #marketingdigital #socialmediamarketing #marketing #socialmedia#contentmarketing
Check out our range of FREE resources of blogs, mini books and reports to see our latest insights on Chinese consumers and marketing in China. Contact us if you would like to get in touch to discuss your China strategy.