1. About 230 million domestic trips were made over the 5-day May holiday — a rise of 119.7 % YOY. (China Daily)
2. China starts testing digital yuan in villages. (SupChina)
3. China’s online retail sales increased 29.9% in Q1 2021. (Dao Insights)
4. Suning’s rolling out New Retail. It unveiled a new cross-border initiative, that includes customs clearance and warehouse operations, global supply chain and logistics services, new retail channel networks, localized strategic consulting and content marketing. (Pandaily)
5. Xi Jinping stated China’s certain the 2022 Winter Olympics will be held as planned. (Bloomberg)
6. Shenzhen is set to invest more than 700 billion RMB (US$108 billion) in hi-tech R&D over the next 5 years. (SCMP)
7. The Cyberspace Administration of China will strengthen guidance and control of mobile app notifications and push news distribution. (Reuters)
8. Hainan masterplan. Alibaba’s Cainiao aims to launch 800+ cargo flights between Hainan and rest of world. (Pandaily)
If you like these weekly digests — let us know below by giving this article a 5 star.
✅ You can now follow #ashleytalks on LinkedIn for daily insights on China.
#china #ecommerce #digitalmarketing #consumerbehaviour #marketingdigital #socialmediamarketing #marketing #socialmedia#contentmarketing
Check out our range of FREE resources of blogs, mini books and reports to see our latest insights on Chinese consumers and marketing in China. Contact us if you would like to get in touch to discuss your China strategy.