1. E-commerce GMV on Kuaishou grew by 314% in Q4 2020, MAU reached 476 million. (China Internet Watch)
2. Alibaba Cloud officially launched its first personal cloud product, called the Alibaba Cloud Disk. (Pandaily)
3. China’s top antitrust regulator is looking into WeChat for monopolistic practices. (Technode)
4. Tencent generated profits of 126.9 billion RMB (US$19.5 billion) in 2020, YoY increase of 30%.(Tech in Asia)
5. China’s central bank has started to seek public feedback on a policy document to overhaul the country’s credit rating industry. (Bloomberg)
6. Burberry announces new game “skins” in collaboration with Tencent’s Honor of Kings. (SCMP)
7. Three of China’s largest lenders booked a jump in Q4 net profit of over 40 %. (CGTN)
8. Chinese consumers start boycott products from H&M, Nike and other brands that had expressed concern about the alleged use of forced labour to produce Xinjiang cotton. (SCMP)
If you like these weekly digests — let us know below by giving this article a 5 star.
✅ You can now follow #ashleytalks on LinkedIn for daily insights on China.
#china #ecommerce #digitalmarketing #consumerbehaviour #marketingdigital #socialmediamarketing #marketing #socialmedia#contentmarketing
Check out our range of FREE resources of blogs, mini books and reports to see our latest insights on Chinese consumers and marketing in China. Contact us if you would like to get in touch to discuss your China strategy.