1. China is pushing almost a trillion yuan (US$156 billion) of funds into the banking system in just 2 weeks, signaling that it will use short-term liquidity to sustain growth.(Bloomberg)
2. For this year’s Singles Day shopping festival, there will be more first-time shoppers from lower-tier cities than from first and second-tier cities. (Technode)
3. A pilot property tax scheme was approved – to tax residential and commercial property in designated cities which are yet to be disclosed. (Dao insights)
4. Out of China’s 175 million-strong post-90s generation, only 13.4% of them are debt-free. (Dao insights)
5. Kuaishou and Suzhou city reach agreement to settle company’s E-Sports headquarter on the city. (Pandaily)
6. Vegetable prices have soared in China in recent weeks, veggies are now costing more than meat. (China Macro Economy)
7. Bilibili releases creator copyright protection program, providing services including cross-platform infringement content detection and one-click rights protection for individual creators in the video platform. (Pandaily)
8. Douyin announced that it will launch a special campaign to crack down on vulgar and negative content in live streaming. (Pandaily)
If you like these weekly digests — let us know below by giving this article a 5 star.
✅ You can now follow #ashleytalks on LinkedIn for daily insights on China.
#china #ecommerce #digitalmarketing #consumerbehaviour #marketingdigital #socialmediamarketing #marketing #socialmedia#contentmarketing
Check out our range of FREE resources of blogs, mini books and reports to see our latest insights on Chinese consumers and marketing in China. Contact us if you would like to get in touch to discuss your China strategy.