1.The number of 5G connections in China to reach 865 million by 2025, 40% of global total.(China Internet Watch)
2.WeChat removed the “warning” page that pops up every time users click on external links in the app. Tencent is also testing a function in WeChat that allows users to be directed to listings on external shopping sites in group chats.(KrAsia)
3. Eleme launched an AI culinary analysis system for merchants named ‘exiaowei’, trying to help them develop new dishes through digital technology, market insight and AI algorithms.(Pandaily)
4.Alipay and 28 banking Chinese institutions will accept each other’s offline payment code.(Pandaily)
5. Douyin is testibg a new app called “Douyin Box,” positioning it as a trendsetting e-commerce platform.(Pandaily)
6. Hong Kong will launch a new health code app on Dec 10 that puts the city’s tracking capabilities on par with the mainland, as the two sides prepare to resume quarantine-free travel. (Bloomberg)
7. Southeast Asia’s first high-speed China-Laos railway begins operations.(NikkeiAsia)
8. China’s Internet of Things (IoT) market is expected to surpass US$300 billion in 2025. It will account for about 26% of the global total.
If you like these weekly digests — let us know below by giving this article a 5 star.
✅ Like our weekly digests? Let us know by giving this article 5 stars below.
Make sure you also follow Ashley on LinkedIn for daily insights on China and many more. Check out our other blog articles covering a range of China trends, regulations, and so on, sure to benefit anyone that reads them.
Contact us if you would like to get in touch to discuss your China strategy or for any other possible questions related.