1. The most important word for economic policy in China in 2022 is “stability,” the ruling party’s top decision makers announced at the end of a 3-day annual Central Economic Conference.(Bloomberg)
2. Bilibili may launch a shopping cart feature in its livestream pages in the coming weeks.(Technode)
3. Chinese regulators removed 106 apps from the country’s app stores for “excessive collection of personal information,” including Douban.(KrAsia)
4. Short video platform Kuaishou is laying off 30% of its mid-level staff.(krAsia)
5. The “top 10 Chinese Internet Buzzwords in 2021” were last week, they include: 觉醒年代=the age of awakening; YYDS=amazing / outstanding; 双减=double reduction; 破防=po fang; 元宇宙=metaverse; 绝绝子=Juejuezi; 躺平=lie flat. (Pandaily)
6. China’s annual parcels and express volume exceeded 100 billion, average daily service registers nearly 700 million.(Pandaily)
7. Baidu announced that it will release its Metaverse product “Xirang” on December 27.(Pandaily)
8. Weibo did secondary listing in Hong Kong.(The Wall Street Journal)
If you like these weekly digests — let us know below by giving this article a 5 star.
✅ You can now follow #ashleytalks on LinkedIn for daily insights on China.
#china #ecommerce #digitalmarketing #consumerbehaviour #marketingdigital #socialmediamarketing #marketing #socialmedia#contentmarketing
Check out our range of FREE resources of blogs, mini books and reports to see our latest insights on Chinese consumers and marketing in China. Contact us if you would like to get in touch to discuss your China strategy.