1. Bilibili’s New Year Gala hit record-breaking popularity index of 310 million livestream playbacks. (Pandaily)
2. Kuaishou has partnered with Meituan to integrate their key services. The recent offering pits Kuaishou against Douyin as short video platforms facilitate sales for retail and F&B businesses. (KrAsia)
3. According to a report by China’s MIIT from January to November in 2021, the country’s internet enterprises with annual sales revenue above 5 million RMB together completed business income of US $222.57 billion, an increase of 22.3% YoY. (Pandaily)
4. China commerce ministry expects retail sales to reach around 50 trillion RMB by 2025. (Reuters)
5. Ant Group will shut down Xianghubao, the company’s mutual aid healthcare platform, on January 28 amid Beijing’s regulatory drive on financial services. (Tech in Asia)
6. China will likely bar celebrity livestreamers from promoting and pitching financial products. (Caixin Global)
7. Baidu says it could be just 6 years before it can fully deliver its metaverse. (CNBC)
If you like these weekly digests — let us know below by giving this article a 5 star.
✅ You can now follow #ashleytalks on LinkedIn for daily insights on China.
#china #ecommerce #digitalmarketing #consumerbehaviour #marketingdigital #socialmediamarketing #marketing #socialmedia#contentmarketing
Check out our range of FREE resources of blogs, mini books and reports to see our latest insights on Chinese consumers and marketing in China. Contact us if you would like to get in touch to discuss your China strategy.