1. Robotaxis in China. Baidu is now authorized to provide paid robotaxi services in Yangquan, Shanxi. The service includes over 30 pickup and drop-off points in government departments, residential areas and high-tech industrial parks at the initial stage. (China Daily)
2. Chinese gaming going global. NetEase plans to seek further partnerships with Microsoft and Activision Blizzard. The company has a 17.5% share of the Chinese gaming market. (Technode)
3. Less taxes. China will cut taxes this year, while focusing on supporting the nation’s tech development.(CNBC)
4. High-tech zones are winning. China’s high-tech zones are contributing about 13% of the country’s GDP with only 0.1% of its land area. (CGTN)
5. Alibaba Cloud’s revenue totalled 19.54 billion yuan, up 20% from a year earlier. This segment contributed 8% to the group’s overall revenue of 242.58 billion yuan last quarter. (South China Morning Post)
6. Meituan will cut 50% of the tech service fee for SMEs in pandemic-affected areas whose daily average user transaction volume has dropped by more than 30%. (Bloomberg)
7. Tencent has publicly invested 1,175 times in 925 projects in the recent 10 years, totalling more than 1.27 trillion yuan ($202 billion). (Pandaily)
8. China announced a GDP growth target of “around 5.5%” for 2022. (CNBC)
9. China’s imports and exports are on the rise. In the first two months of 2022, China’s total imports and exports surged 13.3% you to 6.2 trillion yuan. (CGTN)
If you like these weekly digests — let us know below by giving this article a 5 star.
✅ Like our weekly digests? Let us know by giving this article 5 stars below.
Make sure you also follow Ashley on LinkedIn for daily insights on China and many more. Check out our other blog articles covering a range of China trends, regulations, and so on, sure to benefit anyone that reads them.
Contact us if you would like to get in touch to discuss your China strategy or for any other possible questions related.