1. Chinese tech giants donate more than RMB 1 billion to flood-hit Henan. (Technode)
2. Shenzhen launches Pilot Program of digital currency for public transportation. 🚌 (Pandaily)
3. Tencent was ordered to give up exclusive music streaming rights and pay half a million yuan in fines. (Bloomberg)
4. Chinese authorities have selected 5 of China’s major cities – Shanghai, Beijing, Guangzhou, Tianjin and Chongqing – to develop into international consumption centres. (hooray, Chongqing again, 我家乡) 🥳 (Dao Insights)
5. The number of China’s underage internet users reached 183 million in 2020, making the penetration rate of the internet nearly 95% among Chinese minors. (China Daily)
6. RED reportedly aborts plans for US IPO. 🤔 (Kr Asia)
7. China is considering asking tutoring firms to turn non-profit as part of a sweeping crackdown on the US$120 billion industry. (Reuters)
8. Chinese consumers have spent 34.5 billion digital yuan in trials to date. (Technode)
If you like these weekly digests — let us know below by giving this article a 5 star.
✅ You can now follow #ashleytalks on LinkedIn for daily insights on China.
#china #ecommerce #digitalmarketing #consumerbehaviour #marketingdigital #socialmediamarketing #marketing #socialmedia#contentmarketing
Check out our range of FREE resources of blogs, mini books and reports to see our latest insights on Chinese consumers and marketing in China. Contact us if you would like to get in touch to discuss your China strategy.