1. China retail sales rose by 8.5% in July from a year ago, lower than the forecast of 11.5%. (CNBC)
2. Bilibili’s daily active users exceed 65 Million, surpassing Youku. Bilibili is now the 3rd largest long video platform in China after iQiyi and Tencent Video. (Pan Daily)
3. Baidu reported a 20% revenue increase in Q2, the revenue of Baidu’s AI cloud grew 71 %compared to the same period last year. (CGTN)
4. Alibaba Group will set up a hotline and create a team dedicated to investigating sexual harassment complaints after an employee accused her manager of rape. (Bloomberg)
5. Insurance watchdog told companies to curb improper practices. As online insurance sector was expected to grow to US$385 billion in a decade. (Bloomberg)
6. Xiaomi set a target to surpass Samsung and become the world’s most popular smartphone company in 3 years. (Kr Asia)
7. China injected 600 billion RMB into financial system while keeping the interest rate unchanged for the 16th month in a row. (SCMP)
8. Meituan tests WeChat-like social feature for food deliveries. (Technode)
If you like these weekly digests — let us know below by giving this article a 5 star.
✅ You can now follow #ashleytalks on LinkedIn for daily insights on China.
#china #ecommerce #digitalmarketing #consumerbehaviour #marketingdigital #socialmediamarketing #marketing #socialmedia#contentmarketing
Check out our range of FREE resources of blogs, mini books and reports to see our latest insights on Chinese consumers and marketing in China. Contact us if you would like to get in touch to discuss your China strategy.