1. Pinduoduo’s active buyers totaled 850 million in Q2 2021. (China Internet Watch)
2. JD annual active e-commerce customer accounts increased by 27.4% to 531.9 million in the 12 months ended June 30, 2021. (China Internet Watch)
3. China’s Ministry of Human Resources and Social Security released a memo of 10 court decisions related to workplace overtime disputes, and said that the ‘996’ work culture – represents a serious violation of the law pertaining to maximum work hours. (Pan Daily)
4. Pinduoduo pledged to donate all of its net profit since going public and future earnings to support the country’s farmers and agriculture until it’s given away a total of 10 billion RMB. (Pan Daily)
5. Video streaming platform iQiyi announced that it will stop producing “idol competition” shows. (Kr Asia)
6. The Cyberspace Administration of China released a draft proposal sought the ban practices that “encourage online addiction or over consumption.” (Tech in Asia)
7. As of June 2021 China had 888 million online short-video users, accounting for nearly 88% of total internet users in the country. (China Daily)
8. According to China Internet Network Information Center, China’s online population crossed a billion as of June. 469 million netizens use the internet to order food. (China Daily)
If you like these weekly digests — let us know below by giving this article a 5 star.
✅ You can now follow #ashleytalks on LinkedIn for daily insights on China.
#china #ecommerce #digitalmarketing #consumerbehaviour #marketingdigital #socialmediamarketing #marketing #socialmedia#contentmarketing
Check out our range of FREE resources of blogs, mini books and reports to see our latest insights on Chinese consumers and marketing in China. Contact us if you would like to get in touch to discuss your China strategy.