1. WeChat will allow access to external links. (Nikkei Asia)
2. ByteDance is developing a music streaming platform for the Chinese market and plans to launch the app later this year. 🎶 (Technode)
3. Douyin announced that all verified users under the age of 14 will now have access to the app in “kid mode.” They will be able to work with the application for no more than 40 minutes a day and only between 6 am and 10 pm. (Pan Daily)
4. Beijing committing to becoming the “benchmark city” for the Global Digital Economy. After one year’s efforts, Beijing has increased its added value of the digital industry to 1.45 trillion RMB ($224.6 billion), accounting for 40.3% of the city’s overall GDP. 😱 (Dao Insights)
5. Douyin to integrate food delivery function into livestreams. 💥 (Kr Asia)
6. China is expected to see 40 million domestic trips during the 4-day travel rush for the Mid-Autumn Festival holiday. (China Daily)
7. China has by now fully vaccinated more than 1 billion people. (Bloomberg)
8. China’s cosmetic surgery industry is next on regulators’ hit list. 🧖♀️ (Financial Times)
If you like these weekly digests — let us know below by giving this article a 5 star.
✅ You can now follow #ashleytalks on LinkedIn for daily insights on China.
#china #ecommerce #digitalmarketing #consumerbehaviour #marketingdigital #socialmediamarketing #marketing #socialmedia#contentmarketing
Check out our range of FREE resources of blogs, mini books and reports to see our latest insights on Chinese consumers and marketing in China. Contact us if you would like to get in touch to discuss your China strategy.