1. Alibaba will launch the “Technical Talents Training Plan,” which will help support the development of secondary vocational students. Alibaba hopes to train more than 200,000 digital talents coming from underdeveloped areas. 💪 (Pan Daily)
2. Huabei, an Alibaba-backed fintech giant, announced that the previous private consumers’ credit will now be made accessible within China’s central bank credit reporting system. (Dao Insights)
3. Sogou announced that it has completed its merger with Tencent. (Kr Asia)
4. China has banned all crypto transactions and vowed to root out mining of digital assets. (Bloomberg)
5. Financial regulators in Beijing issued a broad set of instructions to China Evergrande Group, encouraging the developer to take all measures possible to avoid a near-term default on dollar bonds. 🧩 (Bloomberg)
6. A total of 88.16 million trips were made in China during the 3-day Mid-Autumn Festival holiday in 2021. The Golden Week is coming. (CGTN)
7. China’s broadcasting regulator said it will encourage online producers to create “healthy” cartoons and clamp down violent or vulgar content. ⛄️ (Reuters)
8. At least 8 cities in mainland China have come up with measures to prevent developers from offering excessively cheap homes to stabilise the market and prevent a collapse in prices. (SCMP)
9. Meng Wanzhou of Huawei landed in China after almost 3 years.
If you like these weekly digests — let us know below by giving this article a 5 star.
✅ You can now follow #ashleytalks on LinkedIn for daily insights on China.
#china #ecommerce #digitalmarketing #consumerbehaviour #marketingdigital #socialmediamarketing #marketing #socialmedia#contentmarketing
Check out our range of FREE resources of blogs, mini books and reports to see our latest insights on Chinese consumers and marketing in China. Contact us if you would like to get in touch to discuss your China strategy.