1. WeChat launched “Easy Mode” in its latest update, adapting to a growing number of elderly users in China. (Dao Insights)
2. WeChat Pay and UnionPay Mobile QuickPass are promoting cooperation between their payment platforms and are now integrating each other’s payment methods into one another. (Pan Daily)
3. Alibaba-backed delivery platform Eleme and Youku, known as China’s YouTube, have given access to Tencent’s WeChat wallet. ✌️ (Dao Insights)
4. At least 20 Chinese provinces and regions have announced some form of power cuts and the restrictions are mostly targeted to heavy industrial users. (Bloomberg)
5. Alibaba announced that it will prohibit the sale of crypto mining equipment and related tutorials and software in China, effective from Oct 8. 💰 (Technode)
6. Short video app Kuaishou restructures to stem losses. Four major new business units will be formed to handle commercialization, e-commerce, gaming and internationalization. (Nikkei Asia)
7. Tickets for the Beijing 2022 winter Olympics will be sold to spectators from mainland China only, while all unvaccinated athletes must spend 21 days in quarantine ahead of the games.🥇 (Reuters)
8. Alibaba’s self-driving robots delivered over one million orders to date. (Pan Daily)
9. Health authorities have ordered cities in China to build or convert facilities into permanent quarantine centres for overseas arrivals, as Beijing pushes ahead with its zero-tolerance policy on Covid-19. ✈️ (SCMP)
If you like these weekly digests — let us know below by giving this article a 5 star.
✅ You can now follow #ashleytalks on LinkedIn for daily insights on China.
#china #ecommerce #digitalmarketing #consumerbehaviour #marketingdigital #socialmediamarketing #marketing #socialmedia#contentmarketing
Check out our range of FREE resources of blogs, mini books and reports to see our latest insights on Chinese consumers and marketing in China. Contact us if you would like to get in touch to discuss your China strategy.