So, what’s up in China? 🇨🇳 Issue 52, covering 16 – 22 November.
- China’s retail sales grew 4.3% in Oct 2020; online contributed 24% of total (CNBC)
- China and 14 other Asia-Pacific countries signed RCEP, the world’s largest trade agreement (China Internet Watch)
- Baidu to acquire Joyy’s livestreaming service for US$ 3.6 billion (Tech in Asia)
- Pinduoduo has launched a mini program that will allow consumers to verify the authenticity of their baby formula products (pandaily)
- Didi rolls out world’s first custom-built EV (electric vehicle) for ride-hailing (pandaily)
- Pinduoduo is planning to raise US$ 6.1 billion to invest in agricultural logistics infrastructure and responsive manufacturing (KrASIA)
- To reduce obesity, more weight is being put on sport in China’s high-school entrance exam (SCMP)
- Video platform Bilibili MAU up 54% to 197.2 million in Q3 2020 (China Internet Watch)
- China lenders freeze US$2.1 billion debt payments for poor nationals. Deferral benefits 23 countries (Bloomberg)
If you like these weekly digests — let us know below by giving this article a 5 star.
✅ You can now follow #ashleytalks on LinkedIn for daily insights on China.
#china #ecommerce #digitalmarketing #consumerbehaviour #marketingdigital #socialmediamarketing #marketing #socialmedia #contentmarketing
Check out our range of FREE resources of blogs, mini books and reports to see our latest insights on Chinese consumers and marketing in China. Contact us if you would like to get in touch to discuss your China strategy.