So, what’s up in China? 🇨🇳 Issue 58, covering 28 December – 3 January.
- 407 million railway trips are expected for Spring Festival 2021 (China Daily)
- The New York Stock Exchange will delist China Mobile, China Telecom and China Unicom (Bloomberg)
- Meituan faces anti-monopoly probe for banning Alipay on its apps (pandaily)
- Tmall, JD and VIPshop were fined for mispricing products in November and December 2020 (pandaily)
- China approves first domestic COVID vaccine, developed by Sinopharm (Nikkei Asia)
- Huawei looks to cloud services in 2021 as US sanctions strangle smartphone business. Alibaba has over 40% of China’s cloud market share, while Huawei and Tencent are at around 16% each (SCMP)
- Around US$ 194 billion in market cap was wiped out from Alibaba’s stocks (KrASIA)
- China settles over 3,100 personal data breach cases in 2020 (China Daily)
If you like these weekly digests — let us know below by giving this article a 5 star.
✅ You can now follow #ashleytalks on LinkedIn for daily insights on China.
#china #ecommerce #digitalmarketing #consumerbehaviour #marketingdigital #socialmediamarketing #marketing #socialmedia #contentmarketing
Check out our range of FREE resources of blogs, mini books and reports to see our latest insights on Chinese consumers and marketing in China. Contact us if you would like to get in touch to discuss your China strategy.