So, what’s up in China? 🇨🇳 Issue 60, covering 11 – 17 January.
- China’s economy expected to grow by 7.9 % in 2021 (China Internet Watch)
- PayPal became the first foreign firm to fully own a Chinese payments firm (TechNode)
- PDD has expanded its group buying service to Shanghai, becoming the first retailer to bring grocery group-buying services to a large city (KrASIA)
- Baidu’s monthly live streaming views exceeded 900 million (China Internet Watch)
- Chinese consumers spent US$54 billion at home on luxury goods last year (SCMP)
- China Consumers Association has accused the nation’s tech giants of using their data-based algorithms to “bully” consumers and put them at a disadvantage (Asia Nikkei)
- China’s State Administration for Market Regulation announced it will investigate VIPshop on suspicion of unfair competition (Asia Nikkei)
- Didi Chuxing and its standalone platform Huaxiaozhu were fined a total of about 1.4 million RMB for insufficiently implementing Covid-19 prevention measure (pandaily)
- China will realize universal health code recognition across the country during Spring Festival travel rush (China Daily)
If you like these weekly digests — let us know below by giving this article a 5 star.
✅ You can now follow #ashleytalks on LinkedIn for daily insights on China.
#china #ecommerce #digitalmarketing #consumerbehaviour #marketingdigital #socialmediamarketing #marketing #socialmedia #contentmarketing
Check out our range of FREE resources of blogs, mini books and reports to see our latest insights on Chinese consumers and marketing in China. Contact us if you would like to get in touch to discuss your China strategy.