So, what’s up in China? 🇨🇳 Issue 65, covering 15 – 21 February.
- China’s key retail and catering companies achieved sales of approximately 821 billion RMB during the 7-day CNY holiday, an increase of 28.7% YoY (China Internet Watch)
- Eleme is again criticised by netizens after several couriers complained about the firm’s unreasonable reward system during CNY (pandaily)
- Over 1.14 billion people watched Chinese New Year Gala Live (Dao Insights)
- China’s banking regulator imposed new restrictions on banks and financial institutions working with online micro-lenders (Bloomberg)
- Weibo is planning a second listing in Hong Kong this year (Bloomberg)
- China orders inbound travellers from several countries to quarantine for 14 days before their departure to China (SCMP)
- According to the State Post Bureau of China, 365 million parcels were delivered and received from 11-15 Feb, an increase of 224 % YoY (China Daily)
- Of all the trips during the holiday, 24 million were made by rail, 68 million by road, 3 million by water and 3.6 million by aircraft; a decline of 60-80% compared with 2019 (China Daily)
If you like these weekly digests — let us know below by giving this article a 5 star.
✅ You can now follow #ashleytalks on LinkedIn for daily insights on China.
#china #ecommerce #digitalmarketing #consumerbehaviour #marketingdigital #socialmediamarketing #marketing #socialmedia #contentmarketing
Check out our range of FREE resources of blogs, mini books and reports to see our latest insights on Chinese consumers and marketing in China. Contact us if you would like to get in touch to discuss your China strategy.