China Ecommerce + Marketing Q4 Outlook
This mega 570+ pages report will give you a comprehensive overview of the major trends and happenings in China’s ecommerce and digital marketing in Q4 2020. Our ChoZan team has interviewed over 50 China experts to give only the most up-to-date and actionable insights.
Download the report
- Overview of the China Market and Covid -19 Impact in 2020
- Post Covid-19 China Consumer Insights ( Gen Z, Silver Gen, Lower tier Cities Dwellers and many more)
- Ecommerce in 2020 ( Major Players and Changes in 2020)
- Everything You Need to Know About China Online Shopping Festivals in Q4 2020 – Q1 2021
- Major Chinese Social Media Updates in 2020
- Trends on China Digital Space Towards Which You Need to Pay Attention To in Q4 2020
- More Than 50 Top China Experts Opinions on How to Plan Your Strategy for China
ABOUT THE REPORT
ChoZan Mega Report China Ecommerce + Marketing Q4 Outlook is the first in a series of quarterly forward-looking reports about China’s ecommerce and digital marketing.
Covid-19 outbreak has significantly boosted technology development in China, and as a result 2020 has become a very productive year for China tech giants, we witnessed improvements in livestreaming and ecommerce features and have been introduced with completely new functions on a variety of platforms. As a result China’s digital space not only changed itself, but consumers were quickly adopting to this new more digital lifestyle, and new consumer groups emerged as well. In order to help companies stay competitive ChoZan team prepare over 580 pages insights report. We are excited to help western brands to succeed in China, contact us if you have any China related questions.
For the last 6 months ChoZan team on a daily basis were collecting information about different consumer groups, their shopping behavior, preferences, demands and interests, doing social listening on major trends. We also organised several rounds of our own online survey to make portraits of China post Covid-19 consumers. This report will give an extensive overview of 9 major consumer groups toward which we believe companies need pay more attention in the coming Q4 2020-Q1 2021:
- Gen Z
- The Silver Haired Generation
- Chinese Men 40+
- Power Women
- Super Moms and Dads
- China’s Pet Lovers
- Lower City Youth
- Happy Singles
This Mega report will also provide insights on ecommerce and social media platforms development. Four major ecommerce platforms Taobao&Tmall, JD, Pinduoduo and recently joined Kuaishou are now preparing for China’s biggest shopping festival Double 11. Based on the results of 618 Chinese consumers who are ready to spend more and participate in various promotions, especially with the rising power of live streaming sessions we can expect new records again. Most of the companies are doing 40-60% of their annual sales in just this day. Last year more than 200 000 brands were participating and more than 500million Chinese netizens.
Following the huge trend of private traffic in China, ChoZan also reviewed functionality updates of major Chinese social Media platforms:
In additional to theoretical insights we also select each platform industry best practicies and case studies along with editorial calendar for Q4 to give you an inspiration for your marketing strategy and campaigns.
Apart from ChoZan insights, extensive expert sources and 1-1 interviews were used to prepare this massive paper. Ashley Galina Dudarenok has interviewed over 50 China experts to get their opinion on what all of us can expect from China digital space in nearest future. We are excited about Q4 2020, download ChoZan Mega Report China Ecommerce + Marketing Q4 Outlook to be equipped with the latest knowledge.
CHINA Q4 2020 KEY HIGHLIGHTS
- China’s digital economy grew 15.6% in 2019, while the total economic growth rate was only 6.1%. This comparison shows that China’s digital transformation is accelerating.
- Business revenue generated by companies from the internet sector reached 472 billion RMB in H1 2020.
- Many Kuaishou users have positive consumer value. In fact, 77% of them are actively pursuing a higher quality of life within their own abilities.
- The average number of daily transactions for the WeChat Mini Program has more than doubled year-on-year, with total transactions exceeding 800 million.
- Kuaishou’s live-streaming e-commerce business has a GMV target of 250 billion in 2020, and for Douyin, it’s 200 billion.
- 40% of the Chinese population and 62% of internet users are live streaming users. Among them, live streaming e-commerce users accounted for nearly half of the total live streaming users, reaching 265 million.
Ashley Galina Dudarenok is a China marketing expert, serial entrepreneur, global keynote speaker, 3 time bestselling author, vlogger, podcaster, media contributor and female leadership spokesperson. She was recognized as a LinkedIn Top Voice in Marketing in 2019 and chosen as an Asia Pacific Top 25 Innovator by the Holmes Report. She is the founder of China-focused social media agency Alarice and China insights and training company ChoZan. Ashley is an active supporter of women in leadership and business and is the creator of the self-development and mentorship program FIRE🔥.
Jacqueline Chan is Project Director at Alarice and ChoZan. She has hands-on experience in account management for big multinational brands from the FMCG, luxury and hospitality sector. She knows how to develop and execute in-depth digital marketing strategies on the most popular Chinese social media platforms, like WeChat and Weibo, and run creative campaigns on platforms such as Douyin, RED, Zhihu and more.
Mason Ku is Marketing Director at Alarice and ChoZan. For the last 7 years at Alarice, Mason helped big corporate clients from all over the world to successfully enter China and effectively allocate marketing budgets for campaigns. His knowledge and expertise are highly beneficial for both B2C and B2B projects. Mason has hands-on experience in account management for brands from the following industries: FMCG, hospitality, finance and banking.
Wendy Chen is the Head of Digital Products at ChoZan. She’s one of the leading experts on KOL campaigns and China’s fan economy. As a marketing manager at Alarice, Wendy leads account management projects on niche social media platforms and helps brands to launch creative campaigns on Bilibili, RED, Douyin and other Chinese social media platforms.
Maureen Lea is a writer, editor, copywriter and educator who has worked in many genres and formats from full length books on academic topics to short, fun rhymes. She specializes in research, finding patterns and making data understandable
WHAT DO WE DO?
ChoZan’s training and resources will increase your expertise about the Chinese market, Chinese consumers, Chinese social media, KOL/influencer marketing and China’s technology landscape. This includes:
- China market research and strategy development to help you identify your consumers and most effective ways to communicate with them.
- Custom Corporate Training to increase your Chinese social media marketing expertise and get your team members up to a consistent skill level.
- Expert Calls for your urgent China marketing questions.
- ChoZan’s Online Course with 8 modules that you can take online to get a practical handle on China’s market, its modern consumers and Chinese social media marketing and selling.
- Keynote Speeches about modern Chinese consumers, Chinese social media marketing or China’s New Retail deliver in dynamic style.
The China Marketing Circle exclusive membership group for China watchers with weekly insights, trends, strategies and case studies related to consumers and marketing in China.